- Publications of our staff
- Research Guides Recognised by University Pune and other Universities
- UGC Minor Research Project Nano priming for increasing seed germination efficiency in soybean
- A study of the Scheduled Tribes of Khandesh & adjacent Gujarat border with special reference to Bhils and Kolis
- Study on Diversity and distribution of beetles (Insecta: Coleoptera) in Western Ghats of Pune district. by Mrs. Korad Vishaka
- quotes by Solomon Ibn Gabriol
Established in 1885, the department is the oldest Philosophy Department in the city and currently one of the only two departments in Pune to offer Philosophy (Major) for B.A. Degree. Gopal Ganesh Agarkar, a Founder Member of the DES, was the first Professor of History and Logic of the College. R. D. Ranade, ex-faculty member of the department, went on to become the Vice-Chancellor of Allahbad University and has made a significant contribution to the field of Indian Philosophy. The Department offers a course in Philosophy as a subject on the special level for the degree of B.A and Logic as a subject on the general level. The details of the courses taught are;
|FYBA||G1: Introduction to Philosophy||G1: Logic and Principals of Reasoning|
|SYBA||G2: Applied Ethics||G2: Formal Logic|
|S1: Indian Philosophical Approaches|
|S2: History of Western Philosophy|
|TYBA||G3: Social and Political Philosophy||G3: Logic and Methodology of Science|
|S3: Thinkers & Textual Study : Indian|
|S4: Thinkers & Textual Study : Western|
- One Intensive Course offered every year covering themes not included in the syllabus.
- Guidance offered to students for presentation of research papers in seminars
- Regular Interactive sessions with ex-students on topics related to the syllabi.
- An easy and guided access to study material in the Departmental Library.
- Students have access to their term-end answer papers which showcases the transparency in marking system.
- Good Student-Teacher rapport
- The "Socratic Association”, which was founded in 1915, runs activities throughout the year which are primarily Academic in nature and conducted by the students and for the students.
- The departmental fest, "Tattva" focuses on Philosophical themes in an interesting manner so as to make Philosophy accessible to students of all disciplines.
- “Rocking Chair”, launched in August 2015 is the monthly e-magazine of the Department is completely an initiative of the students and is run by the students.
|Sr.No.||Photo||Name of the teacher||Designation|
Dr. Deepti Gangavane
|Assistant Professor and Head of the Department||Teaching Faculty|
Prof. Radhika Jadhav
(M.A (Philosophy), B.A (Sanskrit), NET, SET)
|Assistant Professor||Teaching Faculty|
Note: Biodata of any of the above mentioned faculty member can be downloaded by clicking on their name.
- Dr. Deepti Gangavane,Assistant Professor and Head of the Department , M.A., Ph.D.(Philosophy),NET
- Prof. Radhika Jadhav,Assistant Professor , M.A (Philosophy), B.A (Sanskrit), NET, SET